Gol de Letra Foundation was established on December 10, 1998 by former footballers Rai and Leonardo. The date deliberately chosen, also marks Human Rights Day.
Gol de Letra represented a dream: the opportunity to contribute to the education of children and youth from socially vulnerable communities so that they had more opportunities and life prospects.
After much work, born Gol de Letra: an organization whose name has mixed the issue of sport, its two founders, with letter, relating to Education.
Over the years, the Foundation increased the number and scope of its programs, won awards and recognitions and now works with direct assistance and knowledge management, systematizing and disseminating their educational practices.
See a little more of our story by clicking on the timeline. If you want to know a little more about the beginning of the Foundation, download for free the book “10 years of a True Story”, available on the Library link.
- Established in São Paulo Gol de Letra Foundation.
- Start project Changing the Game for children aged 7 to 14. The Social Area shall meet the community.
- Implemented the project The Face of the Village (now Youth Program) to address adolescent and youth through workshops Video, Hip Hop, Theatre and Photography.
- Open the first unit in Rio de Janeiro, Niterói, with Two Moves Program.
- Recognized by UNESCO as a model institution in supporting children in situations of social vulnerability.
- Born in the Training of Mediators and Toy Library is a community library , opened in Vila Albertina.
- The Community Outreach Training Program - FAC is deployed in Niterói.
- Launched the Open Game, a program that uses the sport as a means of learning and personal development.
- Held the 1st edition of the Tournament Gol de Letra, in São Paulo
- In partnership with public school communities, is initiated Project Action Sports School, in São Paulo, and the Two Tones at the school, in Niterói.
- Is Extended Training of Mediators to include young monitors who work with educators Changing the Game.
- Extended the work to the city of Rio de Janeiro, with the start of the Open Gam - Cashew (Current Two Tones).
- Born the Messengers Project Water, environmental education action in Cashew.
- The activities in Niterói are closed.
- Created Axis Towards Employability, in the Youth Program in São Paulo.
- Begin studies for dissemination of socio practice and pilot projects in Goiás.
- Born Gol Work Programme, to provide professional training to young people in Cashew.
- The 10 years Gol de Letra are celebrated with two events (in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo), the launch of an exhibition and a book, which tell the story of the institution.
- Top of systematization of Changing the Game.
- Investment in Institutional Development Project to Transform, New Website Design and Social Media.
- Completion of the curriculum of the technical course of Sports and Physical Activity (In partnership with the Paula Souza Center).
Dissemination arrives in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, Salvador and Porto Alegre, with the Social Ginga project, in partnership with adidas.
Release of the book "Changing the Game - an experience Gol de Letra with Integral education", with the systematization of our practices in Changing the Game.
Top of 1st class technical course sports monitor Centro Paula Souza in 2012 (Government of the State of São Paulo) in partnership with Gol de Letra.